Sunday, March 26, 2017

Winter TBR Closure Because It's Spring

Hello-Hello, Everybody! It is officially Spring and I am here to bring my Winter wrap-up.
This may or may not come as a shock to you but  - I should definitely know by now - I tend to deviate form my TBR's for no reason. It is like I am doing it on purpose.
What can I say? I am in a constant need to rebel against myself. (More information about that in my post A random post...) When it comes to reading, I try not to force myself to read - all the time hahaha! - books I do not have the desire to read at the moment.
My reading tastes and habits usually match what I am in a mood for or not for at a giving time. As a side note, I am not sure my previous sentence makes sense at all but it made sense in my mind. In the future (consider it a very close future... like further down in my post), you will see that my TBR is just a guide line because I do not want to set boundaries when it comes to reading. Reading should be a fun activity so why force it. DO NOT quote me if you are in a situation when you MUST read a book. If it's a must, it's a must. :D

What I read from my TBR

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff book one in the Illuminae filesGemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff book two in the Illuminae files
 Click for my full reviews here --> Illuminae Review Gemina Review 
Storm Siren by Mary Weber the first book in the Storm Siren trilogySiren's Fury by Mary Weber the second book in the Storm Siren trilogy
Click for my full reviews here --> Storm Siren Review Siren's Fury Review 
Black Moon by Romina Russell the third book in the Zodiac quartet
Click for my full reviews here --> Black Moon Review  
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid a standalone for now
 Full review to come
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess first book in Kingdom on Fire series
 Click for my full reviews here --> A Shadow Bright and Burning Review 
Aphrodite by Kaitlin bevis book four in the Daughters of Zeus series
 Click for my full reviews here --> Aphrodite Review 

What I did not read or finish to read

And I Darken by Kiersten White the first book in The Conqueror's Saga
It has a slow start. Since it uses Romanian history, I feel a little picky about this book. It is kind of weird when you read a book and you know the end of Lada and Radu from the real history. I already have a mind set about those two: Love Lada, hate Radu! As simple as that. The author does a great job in creating complex personalities for out two protagonists. Also, I am obsessed with things being correct when it comes to Romanian terms and names - especially names - and how they are used so... Sometimes I cringe when things are incorrect. Translation is a tricky thing and the author is trying to not make things confusing for the readers since her major target audience is for clueless (about Romanian history) Americans. (No offense, that is the naked truth. I mean... What really do you -or the majority of you - know about Romania besides Transylvania, vampires, weird reputation in history, and present bad reputation in Europe created by a small group of people?) I am 22% done with this book. I am planning to finish it although I have to push myself a bit. Slow pace. Great build up and descriptions so far. Oh! And hate Ottomans if you have Romanian Blood! Hahaha!
Siren's Song by Mary Weber the third book in the Storm Siren trilogy
 The series was enjoyable so far... The second book mad me push this book down my general TBR list because reading Gemina and Illuminae created an epic book craving which is not good for a normal less drenaline stimulating novel. Yes, I am planning to read it and finish the series. 
Caraval by Stephanie Garber the first in the Caraval series
 For this one, even though I received and advanced reader copy, I got spooked by the hype. Other books got in the way and... Yeah. I am going to wait a bit and then give it a try. 
The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer a standalone
This may come as a shocker since I read almost every single thing written by Stephenie Meyer - except this book and Life and Death; although I am planning to read that one cause... Twilight. I know you cannot force somebody to do what the public wants, however, I wanted her to finish The Host series. I was not in the mood for this book. There was lots of hype from my book entourage. I read 32 pages and I was not that hooked. School and other things got in the way... Thus, I decided to not read this book in the near future.
 
I hope you enjoyed this picture-long post.
Brush aside my saltiness!
Create your own opinions on books!
And you can check out the books' description and  Goodreads links in my Winter TBR Post.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment