Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Aphrodite by Kaitlin Bevis Where Spoilers Are Inevitable

Aphrodite (Daughters of Zeus #4) - Kaitlin Bevis
 
aphrodite, kaitlin bevis, daughters of zeus, fantasy, greek mythologyBeing perfect isn’t easy, but Aphrodite is determined to live up to the ideal. So when Poseidon asks her to investigate strange happenings on several cruise ships, she jumps at the chance to prove herself. Demigods are going missing, and no one remembers them having been on board. Aphrodite charms herself into the best room on the ship, prepared to investigate in style. Unfortunately, the room belongs to the one man immune to her charm. Adonis. When Aphrodite realizes that he could be the next target, her investigation gets more complicated. Worse, whoever is responsible for the missing demigods charmed the passengers and armed them with long-forgotten weapons designed to kill gods. When the ship goes dark, Aphrodite and Adonis have to work together to discover who is behind the mayhem before Poseidon decides their ship, and every charmed and armed human on it, are more trouble than they’re worth. Aphrodite
 
 

 

My Opinion

3.60/5 stars
My opinion... My opinion... My opinion... I got into the Daughters of Zeus in March 2016 (Thank you Goodreads) and I was pumped about the series. The first three books center around Persephone and Hades. And boy, oh boy, I fell in love with those two.
We meet Aphrodite in the second book. In the beginning, I got mixed feelings about her and I still have some. Alright! Alright! Those of you who read the Persephone "trilogy" will say that it is understandable. And I could not agree more although I cannot click with her the same way I clicked with Persephone.
I cannot believe I am going to say this about a character... Aphrodite is shallow with a great personality and she is not afraid to tell the hurtful truths. Surprisingly, I liked her more when I was able to read her PoV because... lots of insight in the brain. (I made it sound like a brain dissection >:]).)
 
Aphrodite from Daughters of Zeus by Kaitlin Bevis
(Aphrodite from Kaitlin Bevis book/website) 

This book follows up the events of the Iron Queen and the gods go to investigate the "bomb drop" given by Zeus to Hades. Aphrodite volunteers and she becomes the investigator.
I am trying to keep this review as spoiler free as possible and it proves to be a very difficult task...
A good part of the book moves rather slowly. It is a build up for the grad finale which was extremely rich in action. And only for that, I am glad I gave the book another try after a couple of months; although, I wanted more Hades and Persephone. Ha-Ha-Ha!
Spoilers 
I know that the main ship is Aphrodite and Ares but the fact that we do not see how they click it makes me hard to believe in their relationship. Do not cut short my ship, I need feels. Ares and Aphrodite are great characters by themselves and they need more story time. Probably, I am the only person being sympathetic towards Adonis and that is because I had a classmate in 7th and 8th grade called Adonis and he was (and is since he is still alive) beautiful to the eye and a nice person sooo... I have high hopes for him. Ha-Ha-Ha! He does not seem bad. He just took bad decisions.
End of Spoilers
As a warning for those who got addicted to the series, I recommend taking a break after the third book and then read the Aphrodite books. Aphrodite is not Persephone and Kaitlin Bevis does a great job at keeping them distinctive.
I recommend the series if Greek mythology is you cuppa tea or should I say cup of ambrosia?
These books deserve more credit if you ask me.
 
This is my sole opinion. ^_^
 
P.S. I dare you to eat a pomegranate for every single time I used the words click, clicked or clicks  - including now.
  
Link to Goodreads -->Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis 
Link to Author's site -->Kaitlin Bevis

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Greek Mythology Romance
Language: moderate
Sexual content: moderate to heavy
Violence: moderate to heavy
Drugs/Alcohol: moderate to heavy


No comments:

Post a Comment