Monday, March 6, 2017

Zenith Part 1 by Sasha Alsberg, Lindsay Cummings or the story which gets a full book in 2017

Book Synopsis

Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings space bookThere is darkness sweeping across the stars.
Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness: a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her fearsome glass starship the Maurader, she’s just Andi, their captain and protector.
When a routine mission goes awry, the all-girl crew’s resilience is tested as they find themselves in a most unfamiliar place: at the mercy of a sadistic bounty hunter connected to Andi’s past and a harrowing betrayal.
Meanwhile, on the far side of the galaxy, a ruthless ruler waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time to exact revenge for the destruction of her people. The final pieces of her deadly plan are about to fall into place, unleashing a plot that will tear Mirabel in two.
Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their ship—or just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. As the Marauder hurtles towards the unknown, and Mirabel hangs in the balance, the only thing certain is that in a galaxy run on lies and illusion, no one can be trusted.
From internet sensation Sasha Alsberg and author Lindsay Cummings comes a new serialized space opera, full of action, fantastical intrigue, and steamy star-crossed romance. ​
For fans of popular sci-fi books and fantasy books for teens such as Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, Wool by Hugh Howey, Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Zenith Part 1

My Opinion

3/5 starts.
Sasha Alsberg is one of the YouTubers I follow - Abookutopia. She is fun to watch and because of her recommendations and book club, Prustopia, I was able to read good books. Now she paired up with Lindsay Cummings and wrote a book. 
In 2016, Zenith was planned to be released in three parts. The success of the first part got Zenith a publisher and an official release date as a complete book in 2017. So, yeah! This baby is coming out this year again.
I got my hands on this first part from the library and I got excited to be kind of disappointed by the end of the 60 pages. It took me a couple of days to read 60 pages. I mean 60 PAGES for goodness sake :)). Something was off and I cannot pinpoint what.
The overall story was great and promising. Think about it! Space. Pirates. Bounty hunters. Outlaws. Politics. Betrayal. Death. And prison. Yep! Yep! Yep!
Sign me up for this. And because of these, I am going to give the full book a shot. I want to see what edits the final version gets.
My problem with Zenith was the credibility of the story. For a criminal lady, the nickname, Andi, doesn't sell it for me especially when your whole crew uses it. She has to show power, trust and no mercy. I was expecting the nickname to be part of her past when she was a child or innocent... You know... Before becoming the Bloody Baroness. Or to let only the people who are the closest to her to call her Andi. I don't know. That is just me because every single time I read Andi I see a cute girl running in a summer dress singing lalalala from the top of her lungs.

despicable me  Agnes cute girl
 
Ha-Ha-Ha! Ooops!
This was probably not what the authors intended. My bad. I bet you cannot take that image out of your head >).
I going to wait and see what the whole book is going to bring us. I have high hopes.
 
This is my sole opinion. ^_^
 
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Language: moderate
Sexual content: mild to moderate
Violence: high
Drugs/Alcohol: none to mild
  

No comments:

Post a Comment