Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth by Adam Hargreaves You Can be a Kid and still Be a Fan

Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth by Adam Hargreaves a doctor who and mr men mash-up

Book Synopsis

The greatest mash-up in the entire Whoniverse is here! Doctor Who meets Roger Hargreaves' Mr Men in this new series of stories, written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves.

In Dr. Twelfth, join the Twelfth Doctor and Missy on an amazing new adventure through time and space . . .
Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth - Goodreads

My Opinion

4.75/5 stars.
Doctor Who!(<--Link) Do you need more than that? And if you are from U.K., you probably know about Mr. Men (<--Link) also**.
I am a huge Doctor Who fan thus you will rarely find me saying bad things about it. Yes, I am biased. Approximately Twelve years is a lot of time since I just reached adulthood - such a strange word. OOOOOOOEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOO! :D
Back to the review.
Well, on YouTube I a subscriber to the official Doctor Who YouTube Channel. This morning (April 26, 2017) I received a notification about this story and I listened to it. It is narrated by Missy (Michelle Gomez), a character from the TV Show also known as the Master. (Missy/Master is a Time Lord/Lady too. He/She is portrayed as the antagonist.) It is cute. A book for children which still manages to maintain the Doctor Who vibe at its core. Missy is an excellent narrator and does a pretty good job imitating the Peter Capaldi's accent, aka the Doctor.
The art... From what I see on the website, it is very consistent with the Mr. Men style. I think it is quite strange and adorable.
**Side note: I recently heard about Mr. Men thus I do not know a lot about its popularity world wide. Do not judge, please! :) 
If you want to watch-read-listen the story, I posted the video down below.

This is my sole opinion. ^_^ Vwrop Vwrop Vwrop! (the TARDIS sound)





No comments:

Post a Comment