Saturday, September 9, 2017

Melody Obsession of the Week, Brought to You by Me, Presents Fetish by Selena Gomez

music, madness, music madness, music notes, music doodles, doodles, music symbols, music art, The Book Portal

Hello-Hello, fellow readers! Fall is here. The weather is chilly and the leaves are changing colors, green for read, yellow or orange. 
After my break from books and blogging, I started to debate what my new song pick is going to be for Music Madness - aka Melody Obsession of the Week. If you read my previous posts regarding this section of my blog, you probably know that I like to give a meaning and a reason to the song I choose. Usually. So, after days of debating on songs I encountered during my leave of absence, I decided on Fetish by Selena Gomez. 
I am well aware of its innuendos and the sexy meaning behind the lyrics. However, one day when I was listening to the song next to my pile of book, it hit me. Its lyrics perfectly describe a reader's - or at least my - relationship with books. 
No matter how long our reading slump or break from books is, we still find our way back to them, to reading. We crave the stories they contain within their covers. We want to go on adventures with the fellow characters, be the heroes, fight the villains or just be a reader. The smell of paper from a brand new book is the most sexy perfume we have ever desired. We love the art on the covers, dust jackets, and pages. And if the story of a book is THAT good, we obsessed over it. We devour its words over and over again through sleepless nights and even decades later. Just like a certain book friend of mine  who read a certain series at least 17 times. (Heck, even I got convinced to read that series again. Good job, my friend! Your passion for those books really inspired me. ^^)
So, you see, our relationship with books it is a bit sexual. We obsess. We crave. We want more. We want so much more from our beloved books that we even start writing our own stories. Books have a huge impact on their readers. They change us because we learn and gain knowledge from them. We, the readers, become imprinted by the books we read because their stories stay with us for the rest of our lives.

And finally, without further ado...

Selena Gomez - Fetish 
  
Listen it on repeat!
Happy Music Madness!  
And, let me know in the comments section if you have a similar "relationship" with your books. Also, what do you think about this week's song?

PS 

Until next time feel free to check out my latest posts The Diabolic Book Review -->HERE<-- and "I am back, readers!" Random Post -->HERE<--.  

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I tagged you in the Guilty Reader tag! (Here's the link for the questions:
    http://whatmakesagoodbook.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/the-guilty-reader-book-tag.html)

    ReplyDelete