Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Guilty Reader Book Tag

read, guilty, tag, the guilty reader book tag, book, The Book Portal, elena of the universe, drawing, sketch, art, own art, picture, image, bamboo paper, app

Hello-Hello! It is time for another post, a book tag. I've been tagged by the wonderful blogger, Abi, from What Makes A Good Book. If you are curious what her answers were, just be kind and click on the link. ;)
The creator of this book tag is ReadLikeWildfire from YouTube. 

Let The Book Tag Begin...!

1. Have you ever re-gifted a book that you've been given?
I rarely receive actual physical books from people but the ones I did receive... No, I have not re-gifted any of them from what I remember. 

2. Have you ever said you've read a book when you haven't?
This goes into technicalities territory. I said that to books I was currently reading or books I did not finish reading. I've done this mostly for school books like most people in this world. ^^' Sorry, professors! Although, I did read some of the content and researched the heck out of that said book's content. Thank you, Google!

3. Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
Guilty as charged. Hey, don't judge! It was around the time when I was a kid and I did not give a dime about books. Yes, I was a kid who did not like to read because it was too boring for my kid hyped brain. An exception to the rule were the W.i.t.c.h. comic books. 
Now, I want to rectify my kid mistakes as much as possible. :D

4. Have you ever read a series out of order?
I guess so. It mostly happened with [romance] books that were part of huge series but each book could be read as a standalone.

5. Have you ever spoiled a book for anyone?
Yes. I know. I know. I know. Fire and damnation. "Shame! Shame! Shame!" "Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!"

mulan, mushu, dishonor, meme, animation, cartoon

It was one time by mistake when I was talking with my desk-mate about Anna Karenina's ending and someone,who was not done with the book, overheard us. And other times, I spoiled books for my friend(s) who wanted to know the ending. Yes, I ask for permission! So... In your face, judgmental readers! 
But, please, ask for permission to spoil books. And, hey, mistakes happens. 
Most of the things I spoiled were for myself. I spoiled books, movies, and TV shows to myself...

6. Have you ever doggy eared a book?
Yes. I did that a lot when I was younger or when books did not want to cooperate. Do you know how hard it is to read a book that does not want to stay open? Very. Even dangerous, I can say.  It is like playing with one of those bear traps. When you least expect it, CLAP! Your hand and face are injured. You see dancing stars. Plus, the page number is lost. And then you cry, not because of the pain, but because you did not remember what chapter you were reading. Then, you cry some more while trying to find the last sentence read. Sadly, you end up rereading a good junk of the chapter (or even the book) you were at and cry of frustration. Oh! And that is nothing compared to the time when it happens to read a spoiler while searching for your spot then you scream. The book screams. Your mom screams at you asking why you are screaming. Then your pet screams in terror. Then the Earth screams together with the entire universe and so on and so forth... Lastly, you ask the universe what you did to deserve such destiny.
I am telling ya! It's a whole drama.

lion king, meme, drama, drama meme, drama gif

7. Have you ever told someone you do not own a book when you do?
  No, I do not think so. Rarely happens for someone to ask if I own a book and if she/he can borrow it. But when it does happen... I try to suggest other options like the library and OverDrive or to insist on the part where "You should take care of my baby book or else..." >]

dracarys gif, meme, game of thrones, game of thrones gif, GoT, Daenerys, dragons, fire

8. Have you ever told someone you haven't read a book when you have?
 Yes, in the past when I thought that some books I read are going to make people judge me. Little did I know, people judged me anyway.

9. Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?
Yes. Mostly school books when only some sections were required to read. Or, I either scan and skipped some sections/chapters in favor of their summaries on the internet. I am usually not a big fan of classic/old works (except some ancient writings). Plus, as a busy student like myself you have to give something up if you want to be able to have all your homework done. [Sorry, professor(s)!

10. Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually like?
Yes, just because I like a book that does not mean I have to loose my critical eye. [wink]

Tags:
Savannah from The Book Prophet
Joan from Books & Fitness & Lifestyle 
Carmen from Carmen's Reading Corner
And if i did not tag you and you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged

PS

Until next time, feel free to check out my latest posts:

See you in my next post!

1 comment: