Monday, August 21, 2017

Mini Book Review - Tarnished Crown by Erin Watt

Royals 3.5

royals, tarnished crown, erin watt, book, romance, contemporary, adult
Picture Source: Goodreads 

Book Synopsis

Standard Disclaimer: For those who you have not read the Royals books 1 to 3 be aware of spoilers ahead. 
This story happens after Twisted Palace following Savannah and Gideon's relationship. It tries to shine some light over what happened between the two of them in the past and how they are going to proceed foreword. Love. Tension. Drama. And all that shenanigan. Of course, things are not so simple and the past keeps saying "Hello" to the lover birds.

My Opinion

 2.00/5.00
I stay by GoodReads ratings. It was ok. I might be in the minority when I am saying this... I was disappointed. Within the first three books, we get this strong and independent image of Savannah to now be ruined by this installment. I get the feeling that this was done to serve the fandom, which is not automatically a bad thing, but it was not served right. It takes time and patience to rebuild a relationship which had been broken to such a degree. Gideon did not even learn from his past mistakes and he still has the tendency to repeat those mistakes. Savannah should learn to love herself more and keep her standards no matter what. To be sincere, I do not know what made these two fall in love in the first place.
And last, this book? novella? - it has 21 chapters which makes this work to pass as a book - needs more substance. It was a good cup of tea turned bad. 

This is my sole opinion. >_^

Original review on Goodreads.

PS

See you in my next post!! And in the mean time feel free to check out my latest Summer Book Tag and Miraculous Ladybug comic review, -->HERE<-- and -->HERE<--.


No comments:

Post a Comment